Monday 26 May 2014

Do you find people challenging...

In a conversation on Linked the discussion question went something like this:

In one word describe the challenge with social media today
While the list was filled with clever professional terms including: ROI, engagement, content, reach, etc. The only response I could give was

PEOPLE 

Obviously, I love people but you have to admit in general we are a challenging bunch and for some reason I don't think many of us remember that the internet is tech based but people ruled I forgot for a long while. In fact, I've made it this years mission to steer away from the complex world of technology and focus on my people. 

Don't Believe me...


See there's my profile it's official I'm admitting to doing nothing but being here for the conversation and good people :) I've gotten rid of the self-hosted blog in lieu of free for all blogger, tumblr, google +,  pinterest, instagram, twitter, and Facebook. Holy beans that's still a whole bunch of stuff. Who knows I might just end up neglecting all but a few of them but for now the purpose is not to rule the network it's to be with my people.

I ran across a post by someone who my apologies I can't remember but the headline went something like

The problem with most content is that it's written mostly by marketers

Honestly, I almost took offence

Thems fighting words 

But if you really think about it, it's the god's honest truth 

We're so smart we're forgetting to be human. I don't want to engage I just wanna talk. I don't care about conversions I just want to share something with you that you want to see. I don't want your email, for what? your inbox probably has ~10,000 unread messages like mine (ooopps!) 

So in the midst of my revelation...

I decided this world is full of pretenders who bomb discussion threads and randomly post their opportunity links beneath a popular post and that's cool but it's not my cup of tea.  I believe it was Tony Robbins (I could be wrong) who recently posted that we're in the entertainment age. 

Somewhere inside I'm screaming, "no I don't want entertainment I want what I want". And I think that's were we are headed to next. It's not just about entertainment it's the idea that people want what they want and NOW they can get it online instantly or forget as quick as they got it. 

So what's the solution? 

The solution is people. If you find people challenging stop trying to conquer them or master them just be a person. 

Thanks for reading my mindshift God Bless, 

Andrea Naomi 

0 comments:

Post a Comment